The vision of inseri is to enable scholars to design web pages without any prior knowledge. So that they can publish their research findings in an open, citable and interactive way in combination with own their data or any public data repository. Through interactivity, everyone is encouraged to play around with the parameters or use their own data to explore the research findings.
As a result, inseri core introduces scientific and interactive Gutenberg blocks to facilitate open access. The inseri core blocks are not isolated elements but they can receive input from and give output to other blocks. A typical example would start with a Text Editor block containing the configuration for a Dropdown block. By selecting one option in the Dropdown block would provide a Web API block with the parameters to retrieve data from an external source. Using a Python Code block, the web API response could then be transformed into a suitable data format for a Plotly Chart block.
- Cytoscape Block: It displays network diagram using the data of another block with Cytoscape.
- Data Table Block: It displays tabular data of another block and gives guests the option to explore it.
- Download Block: It gives guests the possibility to download data from another block.
- Dropdown Block: It provides guests options to choose from and the selected option can be reused in other blocks.
- HTML Code Block: It renders HTML code using the other block’s data.
- IIIF Viewer Block: It showcases images with pan/zoom functionality, along with videos and audios consumed by an IIIF API.
- Image Box Block: It displays an image utilizing the data of another block.
- Local File Import Block: It allows guests to provide their own data for blocks.
- Media Collection Block: A collection of media files is made available as data for other blocks.
- Plotly Chart Block: It visualizes the data of another block using Plotly.
- Python Code Block: Guests can run Python code with data from other blocks with the use of Pyodide and the result of the execution is made available to other blocks.
- Slider Block: It gives guests the possibility to choose a value or a range within a specified boundaries.
- Text Editor Block: It allows to share text content like JSON or XML with other blocks.
- Text Viewer Block: It displays text content like JSON or XML from other block.
- Web API Block: It enables to call a web API and to share this data with other blocks.
- Zenodo Repository Block: Using a DOI, a dataset can be loaded from Zenodo.org and shared with other blocks.
More information about the project can be found at inseri.swiss.
Detailed documentation is available at docs.inseri.swiss.
The development takes place on GitHub.
Bug reports are welcome on GitHub issues.
Este plugin proporciona 16 bloques.
- Web API Call a web API and share the data with other blocks.
- Image Box Display image using the data of another block.
- IIIF Viewer Showcase images with pan/zoom functionality, along with videos and audios consumed by an IIIF API.
- Plotly Chart Visualize the data of another block using Plotly.
- Download Let guests download data from another block.
- Data Table Display data table using the other block's data.
- Cytoscape Display network diagram using the data of another block with Cytoscape.
- HTML Code Render HTML code using the other block's data.
- Dropdown Provide guests options to choose from and the selected option can be reused in other blocks.
- Media Collection Make a collection of media files available as data for other blocks.
- Text Viewer Display text content like JSON, XML or HTML from other block.
- Python Code Let guests run Python code with data from other blocks using Pyodide and the result is made available to other blocks.
- Text Editor Share text content like JSON, XML or HTML with other blocks.
- Zenodo Repository Load a dataset from Zenodo.org using a DOI and share the dataset with other blocks.
- Slider Allow the guests to choose a value or range within specified boundaries.
- Local File Import Let guests provide their own data for blocks.
No hay reseñas para este plugin.
Colaboradores y desarrolladores
"Scientific and Interactive Blocks – inseri core" es un software de código abierto. Las siguientes personas han colaborado con este plugin.Colaboradores
¿Interesado en el desarrollo?
Registro de cambios
- New: Slider block
- New: Data Table block
- Fix: Zenodo api has changed
- Update: Improved hiding behavior for Text Editor, Media Collection, Python Code, Web API and Zenodo Repository
- New: inseri Data Flow which displays block connections
- New: Cytoscape block
- New: IIIF Viewer block
- BREAKING CHANGE: change underlying block connection protocol
- New: enable to copy/duplicate the blocks together while preserving the connection
- Update: pyodide 0.24.1
- Update: diverse dependencies
- minor changes
- BREAKING CHANGE: renaming block from 'Media Library' to 'Media Collection'
added 12 new blocks:
– HTML Code
– Image Box
– Local File Import
– Media Library
– Plotly Chart
– Python Code
– Text Editor
– Text Viewer
– Web API Block
– Zenodo Repository